On FRIDAY, September 14 , 2018, at 10:00 a.m. WES will be testing the emergency communications system. Please take note of this date and time on your calendar. If you do not receive a test communication at this time and/or would like to update the phone numbers and email addresses WES should use in case of an emergency please contact WES Administrative Assistant to the Head of School Wendy Connolly at 301-652-7878 at 206 or email@example.com.
To send you emergency alerts about critical school information we use AlertNow, the Blackboard Connect Notification Service. What you need to know about receiving an alert:
• Caller ID will display 411 if the message is an emergency.
• Caller ID will display the school's main number when a general announcement is delivered.
• Alert will leave an email message or a message on any answering machine or voicemail.
• In voicemail, if the Alert message stops playing, press 1 and the message will replay from the beginning.
In the event of snow, other inclement weather, or other unexpected events WES may decide to close or to delay opening. We do not automatically follow the decision of any public school system. If we decide to close, the information will be:
• Put on the school answering machine by 6:30 a.m.
• Posted on the WES website at www.w-e-s.org (yellow banner at the top of the page).
• Sent as an "Alert" to parent email or cell phone.
• Announced on WNBC 4 – NBC, WTTG 5 – FOX, WJLA 7 – ABC, and WUSA 9 – CBS television stations and posted on the websites of WMAL and WTOP radio stations.