The school believes that an important aspect of creating a productive school environment is appropriate dress. Students in PK3, PK4, and Kindergarten have a relaxed dress code, but all clothing should have age-appropriate images and messages.
Beginning in Grade 1, students have a formal dress code which is comprised of Dress Uniform and Daily Wear. Dress uniform is worn on special occasions such as All-School Chapels, school picture day, school performances, certain study trips, etc. The Dress Code changes as students matriculate to Middle School.
PK3/PK4/Kindergarten Dress Code
Children wear play clothes that are neat, comfortable, and easily handled independently. Parents and guardians avoid costumes, overalls, sandals, flip-flops, dressy shoes, party dresses, or fancy clothing that might be damaged or cause tripping, and clothes the child cannot easily handle in the restroom.
Grades 1-5 – Dress Uniform
- White collared button-up only, long- or short-sleeve
- WES tie (required when the student chooses to wear pants)
- Navy blazer (optional for students wearing WES plaid jumper)
- WES plaid jumper
- Tan chino pants
- Solid black or white sneakers may be worn
Grades 1-5 – Daily Wear
- Polo shirt (white, light blue, navy)
- Tan or navy skirt/skort or tan or navy chino pants/shorts
- WES plaid or navy jumper
- Any WES sweatshirt worn over a polo shirt
This chart may also be helpful.