The WES dress code encourages neatness, a sense of appropriate attire, and school pride. Nursery – Kindergarten students have a more relaxed dress code. Students in Grades 1-8 have a well-defined dress code.
In Grades 1-8 there are two types of uniform, “dress uniform” and “ daily wear.” Students in Grades 4-8 also have PE uniforms.
- “Dress Uniform” is worn on special occasions such as all-school chapels, school picture day, school performances, and special field trips. When dress uniform is not required, students may dress in accordance with “options for daily wear.”
- “Daily Wear” is less formal and worn on most school days. The items listed as dress uniform are also options for daily wear.
- Flynn and O’Hara is our new supplier of school uniform items. Families order online or visit their store in Maryland at Loehmann’s Plaza at 5210 Randolph Road, Rockville, MD 20852, 301-838-8958, or in Virginia at Fair City Mall, 9650 Main Street, Fairfax, VA 22031. Some uniform items can be purchased from Lands’ End or from the store of your choice (polo shirts, white shirts, shorts, pants, skorts, navy blue jumpers). Ties are available in the Dragon’s Den.
- PE uniforms must be worn to every PE class for students in Grades 4-8. All PE uniform items are available in the Dragon’s Den, the school store, located near the Main Office.
- Used uniforms (for daily dress, dress uniform, and PE) are available on the second floor in the Used Uniform Room. Most items cost $5-$10.
- Spirit Wear is available for purchase in the Dragon’s Den and includes zip-up fleeces, sweatshirts, t-shirts, and other items.
PE and Spirit Wear are available for purchase here.
To learn more about each Grades’ dress code click on the links below: