The WES dress code encourages neatness, a sense of appropriate attire, and school pride. Nursery – Kindergarten students have a more relaxed dress code. Students in Grades 1-8 have a well-defined dress code.
The uniform policy has been modified for the fall semester of the 2021-2022 school year.
Grades 5-8: Grade 5 and Middle School students will wear the PE/sports uniform Monday-Thursday (their PE/sports days) and may choose between the PE uniform, spirit wear, and daily wear on Fridays.
Grade 4: Students will wear the PE uniform on the days they have PE class, and can choose between daily wear, the PE uniform, or spirit wear on alternative days.
Grades 1-3: Students can choose between daily wear, the PE uniform, or spirit wear.
NPK: Students in NPK will enjoy appropriate free dress, as they always have.
While we do not anticipate any need for dress uniform during the first semester, the uniform policy will be re-evaluated in December 2021.
Types of Uniforms
- “Dress Uniform” is worn on special occasions such as all-school chapels, school performances, and special field trips. When dress uniform is not required, students may dress in accordance with “options for daily wear.”
- “Daily Wear” is less formal and worn on most school days. The items listed as dress uniform are also options for daily wear.
- Flynn and O’Hara is our new supplier of school uniform items. Families order online or visit their store in Maryland at Loehmann’s Plaza at 5210 Randolph Road, Rockville, MD 20852, 301-838-8958, or in Virginia at Fair City Mall, 9650 Main Street, Fairfax, VA 22031. Some uniform items can be purchased from Lands’ End or from the store of your choice (polo shirts, white shirts, shorts, pants, skorts, navy blue jumpers). Ties are available in the Dragon’s Den.
- PE Uniforms consist of WES shorts, blue WES T-shirt, sneakers, and WES sweatshirt or sweatpants. Students may also choose to wear plain navy sweatpants. PE uniforms are available in the Dragon’s Den, the school store, located near the Main Office.
- Used Uniforms (for daily dress, dress uniform, and PE) are available on the second floor in the Used Uniform Room. Most items cost $5-$15.
- Spirit Wear is available for purchase in the Dragon’s Den and includes zip-up fleeces, sweatshirts, t-shirts, and other items with the WES logo or insignia.
PE and Spirit Wear are available for purchase here.
To learn more about each Grades’ dress code click on the links below: