Community Service First Friday Kick-Off Event a Success!
We are grateful to the more than 200 Dragons, dragon families, and faculty who turned out last Friday night for our First Friday community service event. It was wonderful to see parents, children, and faculty working side-by-side to create items and raise funds that are being donated to those in need in our area and in Ghana, West Africa.
We are pleased to announce who will benefit from our activities and donations from First Friday Night:
- 40 Emmanuel’s Dream books were purchased and 20 bikes were brought in (deadline is Oct. 11) to benefit Emmanuel’s Dream Foundation for children in need in Ghana, West Africa and children with disabilities
- 60 “Monster Stuffies” from Small Things Matter, will be delivered to children at Shady Grove Hospital
- 200 Kindness rocks were painted for a future WES project
- 304 snack bags were delivered to Martha’s Table
- 63 Postcards of Hope were sent to Jesuit Refugee Service
- $80 from the popcorn sale will go to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- More than $290 was raised by the Middle School bake sale for Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- 16 fleece blankets will go to children this month through Project Linus (We hope to make more! Contact Ana Karam if you can help!)
- 10 crocheted baby beanies will be sent to Winchester (VA) Medical Center NICU
- 30 Halloween cards were made for Seabury Resources for Aging
$60 was collected for the Sickle Cell Anemia Program at Children’s National Hospital and our collection of toiletries will go to several local shelters