Face Masks That Will Keep You Safe
It was so wonderful to see everyone’s faces—and many cool and creative masks—at Orientation last week! WES policy states that face coverings must be CDC-compliant, so we wanted to review what type of face coverings the CDC recommends.
CDC-compliant masks must:
• Have two or more layers of cotton fabric
• Cover your nose and mouth and fit securely under your chin
• Fit well with as few gaps as possible
• PM 2.5 filters are optional in some masks and offer additional protection
The CDC does NOT recommend:
• The use of gaiters or face shields when not used in conjunction with a mask. Their effectiveness is unknown at this time.
• Masks with valves or vents, as they allow respiratory droplets to be expelled through the vent.