March 1 Community Service First Friday Summary
Our March First Friday had over 50 participants busy helping our WES community and beyond with the following activities:
- Mrs. Cuddihy, Mrs. Dawn Harding (using her secret recipe!), and students in Grades 5–8 made cookies and personalized bags for our local Police Department.
- Ms. Haggerty and T, K, & 1 students made treats for the Police K-9 Unit.
- Mrs. Poland, Mr. Dennison, and students in Grades 2-5 went to Sunrise Village where a pianist was willing to share the stage with WES. Our students sang a capella and participated in a trivia game of “Name that State!”
- Middle School students assisted the staff at the Rosemount Early Childhood Center by playing with students, reading books, and helping tidy up classrooms with Mr. Gill. Each Rosemount teacher that was partnered with a WES student went out of their way to commend the efforts of the group.
- Mrs. Earle, Ms. Hopper, and Mme. Larson accompanied Middle School Students to clean up Little Falls Parkway.
On Monday, Officer Strohman and Commander Liquorie of the Montgomery County Department of Police 2nd District, Bethesda, came to visit Nursery and Transition. Students presented the cookies and dog treats to them. Afterward, Officer Strohman and Commander Liguorie shared with the students the duties police officers perform on a daily basis and how they keep us safe. They reminded us to call 9-1-1 in an emergency.
Way to go DRAGONS! Our final First Friday will take place on April 12 (note date change). Activities and sign-up will be posted in the next few weeks.