Purchase your Best of Live tickets for a chance to win your choice of one Live Auction items! Need not be present to win!
Event is Saturday, March 3, 2018, 6 p.m.
The theme of this year's Auction Gala is There's No Place Like WES! An Evening in Oz. We don't need an Emerald City or ruby slippers to know that There's No Place Like WES to teach our children that they have the hearts to be kind, the brains to accomplish anything, and the courage to be who they are. Through the wonderful staff and teachers, WES is more than a building -- it's a second home for our children. So join your friends that you've met along the way for a night of great food, drinks, and dancing as we raise money for our incredible school.
There are so many reasons to attend this year’s Auction Gala on March 3, but we narrowed it down to the top ten. Here they are (in no particular order):
1. You’ll have a chance to bid on exciting LIVE AUCTION items – picture yourself on the beach at Jamaica’s Half Moon Resort, photographing elephants on an African Safari, Enjoying “Hamilton” on Broadway, or singing along at Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road concert (to name a few of the fabulous items that will be up for bid only on Auction night)
2. You will enjoy a sumptuous seated dinner with wine, catered by Ridgewells.
3. You can play the game “Heads or Tails!” The last person standing wins a two-night stay at Middleburg’s amazing Salamander Resort and Spa.
4. You can be a hero when you come home with Silent Auction items such as unique class projects, toys, outings with terrific teachers, themed gift baskets, specialty dinners
5. You’ll be the first to see the 2018 Auction video!
6. Following the Live Auction, you can let loose on the dance floor, dancing to awesome, music of a live band – Bachelor Boys Band. Check out the link here. http://www.bachelorboysband.com/.
7. Auction Patrons and those who underwrite two faculty Auction tickets are invited to the Patron Preview on Auction afternoon and to the special Auction Reception at 5:30 p.m. on Auction night!
8. Meet new friends! As Dorothy said, “It’s not where you go, but who you meet along the way!”
9. You’ll see what the Auction Co-Chairs and Committee members have been up to since September when you see the gyms transformed into a wonderful Wizard of Oz journey.
10. You will be helping every child at WES through your attendance and generosity.
Please help set up Silent Auction tables on Thursday, March 1, at 6 p.m. Then It's all hands on deck for setup on March 2, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.! Thank you!
WES AUCTION GALA 2017
What an incredible event! We are indebted to our Auction leadership, committee, Patrons, donors, sponsors, and attendees for going deep in the heart of WES to raise funds for our school. Over $207,000 was raised at this event. Thank you, one and all.
Click HERE for a slide show of photos from Auction night 2017.
Click HERE for the Auction 2017 video link!
Auction Wine Party a Success!
Thank you to our hosts and chefs, the Woodings family, for their warm and wonderful hospitality at the Wine Party on November 5 at their home. More than 100 WES parents, faculty, and friends enjoyed delicious food and wine, won festive raffle baskets, and bid on Live Auction items. All proceeds will fund the wine category on Auction night in February. Thank you for your generosity!
(Click on picture below to view event photos.)